Friday 1 January 2016

Great Book - European Weapons & Warfare by Eduard Wagner.

Received as one of my Xmas presents, a book well worth adding to your library,
Although nominally for the TYW period in europe the bulk of the content is relevant for the ECW as well. It comprises ~290 pages full of illustrations covering cavalry, infantry, artillery, supply train, camps, river crossings, fortifications etc.

I have the one published by Partizan Press, available from Caliver Books; Warlord Games also publish it, see their Pike and Shotte books section.  These are both paperback reprints, the original hardcover can be obtained but is a tad expensive.



3 comments:

Springinsfeld said...

Blimey, that brings back some memories. I have a copy in the attic I think, but with a different cover? I remember the Perry's based their first TYW range on the pictures within.

Fitz-Badger said...

Great book indeed! I have an old hardcover version (which I bought many years ago after I saw my friend's copy). I only wish someone had made (or would make) similar books for other periods! Probably expensive to produce and publish though.

Very nice Christmas present!

Big Andy said...

I also have the origonal version was not cheap back in the day but worth every penny. Especially when backed up by other sources.